How to Update Touchscreen Display System In the 2018 Honda Accord
Just like with your smartphone, the infotainment system in your Honda may require updates from time to time. These updates are designed to improve your experience with the touchscreen display and to solve any errors that might be encountered with the system. After all, as with any computer system, bugs and glitches can sometimes pop up, and Honda is on top of fixes should that ever occur.
Therefore, it may be more desirable for you to be able to update the infotainment system in your vehicle at home rather than bringing it into the dealership. This may not be possible on all models from all brands, but with a vehicle like the 2018 Honda Accord, you’re able to update your infotainment system either at home or at the dealership… whatever is most convenient for you.
Checking for Updates on the Honda Accord Infotainment System
The first thing you’ll need is an internet connection, so be sure your vehicle is located somewhere where a wireless signal can be picked up. Generally, parking the vehicle in your garage or driveway will be close enough to pick up your home’s Wi-Fi signal. From there, here is what you need to do:
- Start on the Display Audio home screen on your infotainment touchscreen.
- Press the System Updates icon.
- Select Settings.
- Select Connection Setup.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Press Change Mode, followed by the Network button.
- Select your desired network and enter the password if it is asked for. Then press Connect.
Now that you’ve connected to a wireless network, we’ll want to check the system for any available updates. Return to the home screen and then take the following steps:
- Look for any notifications on your Display Audio screen that state a software update is available. You may find these notifications on the bottom of the screen or in the top right notification bar.
- Press the notification icon that says “Software Update Ready to Install.”
- On the next screen, press “Software Update is Ready.”
- When ready, press “Install Now” or press “Install when I turn off and leave the car.” The infotainment system will not be available while an update is being installed, so choose whichever option works best for you.
[Read more: 2018 Honda Accord 1.5T vs 2.0T engine options]
Now that you’ve taken all the necessary steps, you should receive a final notification alerting you to the fact that new software was successfully installed on your infotainment system. While this is pretty simple to do, should you run into any issues updating the infotainment touchscreen display for your 2018 Honda Accord or other model, please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance or bring your vehicle in for help.